Mark-Allen Taylor, Esquire
Law Offices of Mark-Allen Taylor, LLC
1515 Market Street, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19102
TEL: (215) 854-4008
Born in Franklin, New Hampshire, a beautiful place to grow up with my five wonderful brothers, and very fortunate that my father was the greatest man I ever met. Everything I have today or have been able to accomplish, I owe to my mother and father.
Graduated from Franklin High School, 1966
B.A. 1970 Plymouth State College
M.S. 1974 Simmons College School of Library Science
C.A.L. 1990 Columbia University School of Library Service
[Certificate in Advanced Librarianship]
J.D. 2001 Temple University School of Law.
Law School Honors and Activities:
- “Best Paper” transcript notation for Property
- “Outstanding Oral Advocacy” transcript notation for Trial Advocacy II
- “Distinguished Class Performance” transcript notation for several classes.
- Student Admissions Committee, 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 academic years [active in my first term, but not active involvement in my second]
- The Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property, May 2001
- Graduation class speaker representing the Evening Division, May 2001.
New Jersey, 2001
Employment History (selected):
Boston Public Library, 1970-72
Massachusetts General Hospital, Palmer-Davis Library, 1972-74
Tufts University, Medical & Dental Library, 1976-77
Massachusetts General Hospital, Treadwell Library, 1977-82
Long Island Jewish-Hillside Medical Center, Health Sciences Library, 1983-1986
Temple University, Health Sciences Center Libraries, 1986-2009
Other Relevant Training
- Medical Informatics program, 1990-91, taught by medical informatics and clinical faculty at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, under the auspices of the School of Library Service
- Medical Informatics program, Summer 1993 (one week), Woods Hole Marine
- Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA, sponsored by the National Library of Medicine.
- Houston Family Law Trial Institute 2011, May 14 – May 21, 2011.
Selected Activities and Honors:
- Formally, Distinguished Member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals [A.H.I.P.]
- Subject of a feature in the Spotlight section of the December 2000 issue of Student Lawyer, published by the Student Law Division of the American Bar Association, at 62.
- The Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property, Temple University, Beasley School of Law, May 17, 2001
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, 2009 Pro Bono Roll of Honor, presented January 27, 2010
- Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, recognized Mark Taylor for outstanding public service contributed to your community. April 15, 2009
- Chancellor’s Award / Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program, March 10, 2010 – Annual Awards Ceremony Honoring Outstanding Volunteers in 2009
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (Philly VIP) volunteer attorney of the month, August 2013
- Philadelphia VIP 2018 Brennan Award – Solo Practitioner.
Selected Associations and Affiliations
American Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section
Athenaeum of Philadelphia (shareholder)
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section
Member, Custody Committee
- Member, Solo and Small Firm Management Committee
- Formerly, member of the Executive Committee